What is a cookie and what is its purpose?
A cookie is a small file that is sent to the browser and saved on your device when you visit a website like www.stoneisland.com (“the website”).
Cookies allow the site to function efficiently and improve its services, in addition to providing information to the site owner for statistical or advertising purposes, primarily to personalize your navigation experience by remembering your preferences (for example, remembering the language and currency you set, in order to recognize you at the next visit, etc.)
Which cookies do we use and for what purposes?
Our website uses various types of first party cookies (organised and managed by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP), and third party cookies (organised and managed by third parties based on their own individual privacy policies and not under the control of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP) and similar technologies, each of which has a specific function. Below is a list explaining them.
- Navigation Cookies
- From the first access these cookies allow the website to function correctly and allow you to view content on your device by recognizing the language and market of the country from which you’ve chosen to connect. If you are a registered user, they will allow you to be recognized and to access the services offered from the dedicated areas. Navigation cookies are technical cookies and are needed for the functioning of the website.
- Functional Cookies
- These cookies allow, based on your express request, for you to be recognized when you subsequently access the website, so that you do not have to enter your information each time (for example: “Remember me”).
If you have added items into your Shopping Bag and closed the session without completing the purchase and without eliminating those items, these cookies allow you to continue the shopping experience the next time you access the website (within a limited period), finding the same articles that were selected.
Functional cookies are not essential to the functioning of the website, but rather improve navigation quality and experience.
- Analytical cookies
- These first party cookies are the property of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP (the site manager) and are used to collect data in an anonymous and aggregate way. These cookies are used to prepare statistical analyses on the navigation methods of our website’s users. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP treats the results of these analyses anonymously and exclusively for statistical purposes only.
- Our own and third party marketing and profiling cookies
- These cookies are aimed at creating user-related profiles to send commercial messages that meet the preferences shown during the visit, or to improve your navigation experience: while you navigate on our website, these cookies are useful for showing you products of interest to you or which are similar to those you have viewed. Third party cookies are those that have been sent by our trusted third party companies. These cookies allow you to be provided with our commercial offering on other affiliated websites (retargeting). With third party cookies we do not have control of the information provided by the cookie and we do not have access to this data. This information is entirely controlled by third party cookies as described in the respective policy. To find out more about the aforementioned third parties cookie, you can inform yourself on their respective polices and knowingly manage your consent or refusal, for this we invite you to visit http://youronlinechoices.com.
- Social Network Cookies
- These cookies are necessary to allow your social account to interact with our website. For example, they are used to express your appreciation and to share it with your social networking friends. The social network cookies are not needed for navigation. For more information on the policies regarding the use of social network cookies, it is possible to consult the respective privacy and cookies policies:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Google+: http://google.com/intl/gb/policies/privacy/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/legal/cookies/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines
How can I disable cookies and manage my preferences?
The majority of browsers are configured to accept, control or potentially disable cookies through the settings. We nevertheless remind you that disabling navigation or functional cookies may affect the functioning of the website and/or limit the service we offer.
Below is the procedure to follow to manage cookies from the following browsers:
- IE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH19255?viewlocale=en_UK
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=fr&hlrm=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For more information on cookies and to manage your preferences for third party profiling cookies, please go to http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Once on the site, by accessing the area “Your Choices” you can: visualise the list of third party companies, our partners, which install cookies on our site (Company); verify the presence and activation status of installed cookies (Status) and manage your consent selectively (On/Off). By expanding the dedicated voice (Info) for each company, you can access more information relative to the company and, via a link, reach the specific information about privacy and cookies.
Access to Data and Customer Care
You may freely and at any time exercise all of your rights pursuant to Art. 7 of the Privacy Code, or receive assistance and explanations on how to provide your consent or selective refusal, or on how to delete cookies from your browser, by sending an e-mail to Customer Care, selecting “Privacy” as the topic. We will reply to you promptly.
Last updated in September 2015