STONE ISLAND INAUGURATES THE NEW STRUCTURE THAT HOUSES THE HISTORICAL ARCHIVEPosted on 12.05.2013
A symbol of rebirth, of the desire to look forward with more strength and optimism than in the past, in this land – Emilia – severely hit by the earthquakes in 2012.
A new structure, replacing the one that endured severe damage upon the seismic events, has been inaugurated after just less than a year and a half from the disaster, at the Ravarino headquarters in the province of Modena. An industrial architecture in keeping with the most rigid earthquake-proof parameters, with a strong material matrix that uses only three elements such as are exposed reinforced concrete, COR-TEN steel and glass.
Of the new building’s 2500 square meters, 1800 square meters are dedicated to the Historical Archive that gathers over 20,000 items of clothing, the result of research and experimentation that has been marking the Stone Island brand for over 30 years.